St. Dominic Savio is a welcoming Roman Catholic Parish. Our community is centered on the Eucharist, and we strive to live and share the Good News and grow in discipleship with the Lord.
Thanks for your interest in our parish. You’re welcome here. Whether you’re just visiting us for a brief time, looking for a new parish, returning to the practice of the Catholic faith, or just interested in finding out more about the Catholic Church, we’re happy to have you here. We invite you to worship with us.
See Parish Daily Calendar and Mass Times below.
A parish is a community of believers and a spiritual family that is supportive and loving. It can be a place to grow spiritually, to put your faith in action, and to use our gifts of time and talent as disciples of Christ. We look forward to answering any questions you may have. In the meantime, please look through the resources we’ve made available on these pages, or talk to any of us.
Parish Picnic 2023
Our Parish Picnic will be on Saturday, September 16, 2023 – 12 noon to 3 pm. Come and enjoy burgers, hot dogs, and drinks, and enjoy games for all ages.
Come socialize with others and take home some wonderful handmade items from the farmers’ market.
This year, in addition to the usual activities, we will have a “Farmer’s Market” featuring handcrafted items such as knitting, quilting, woodworking, preserves, baking, painting, etc. Creative people can rent a table to sell their handcrafted items by signing up in the foyer as individuals or as a group.
Tables are $25 each. Anyone can rent a table. See you there!
Sacramental Preparation Classes
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR:
- First Holy Communion & First Reconciliation – Grade 2 and up (Deadline, October 21, 2023)
- Confirmation – Grade 6 and up (Deadline, January 26, 2024)
- RCIA – Any Adult who wants to become Catholic or over 15 years of age (Deadline, October 18, 2023)
- RCIA (Adapted for Children) – Over 7 years without Baptism and First Communion (Deadline, October 18, 2023)
2023 Summer Camp – July 24 to 28
Faith, Fun, Friendship, and Food.
We are happy to share a lot of exciting things that happened at the 2023 Youth Summer Camp. 49 campers and over 16 volunteers participated. Special thanks to all the amazing people who came together to volunteer for the camp. We are grateful to CWL President Mabel Solomon and other CWL members who helped in the camp. God bless all those who supported Michael and his team to make this year’s youth camp a reality. THANK YOU!
News around The Archdiocese
- National Truth and Reconciliation Day on Sep. 30 provides each one of us an opportunity for prayerful reflection to learn, reflect and act in our ongoing journey of healing, reconciliation and hope. We are especially mindful of the role of the Catholic Church in operating residential schools and the pain and ongoing trauma it has […]
- “Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” ~ Ephesians 5: 1-2 On September 14th, we will celebrate the feast of the Exaltation of the Cross. This feast has its origins in the fourth […]
- It’s an exciting time as the new school year begins! We’re sharing a new school year message from His Grace, Archbishop Smith. The Archbishop is the Catholic schools liaison for the Alberta and Northwest Territories Bishops, so he is the bridge between the bishops and Catholic education. Please share as widely as possible. Link to […]
- As wildfires have been burning across Canada, many evacuees have come to Edmonton. Earlier this week, thirteen evacuated women from Hay River, Yellowknife and Fort Smith gathered at Sacred Heart Church to create reindeer hair tuft earrings, with the guidance of Indigenous artisan Suzan Marie. Over the past year, Sacred Heart Catholic Church of the […]
- “O my God, fill my soul with holy joy, courage, and strength to serve you. Enkindle your love in me, and then walk with me along the next stretch of road before me. I do not see very far ahead, but when I have arrived where the horizon now closes down, a new prospect will […]
- “Cheerfulness strengthens the heart and helps us to persevere.” ~ St. Philip Neri This summer, as you soak up the warmer weather and plan your vacation time, take the opportunity to prioritize time for fun in your marriage. When the summer heat becomes difficult to bear and vacation planning becomes burdensome, the need for fun […]
- Thousands of Indigenous Canadians from across Canada made the pilgrimage to Lac St. Anne for healing, worship and fellowship. While the pilgrimage was abbreviated by two days due to heavy rainstorms, pilgrims say that the annual event touched them deeply and that the struggles with the storm highlighted the goodness and resilience of many people. […]