St. Dominic Savio is a welcoming Roman Catholic Parish. Our community is centered on the Eucharist, and we strive to live and share the Good News and grow in discipleship with the Lord.
Thanks for your interest in our parish. You’re welcome here. Whether you’re just visiting us for a brief time, looking for a new parish, returning to the practice of the Catholic faith, or just interested in finding out more about the Catholic Church, we’re happy to have you here. We invite you to worship with us.
See Parish Daily Calendar and Mass Times below.
A parish is a community of believers and a spiritual family that is supportive and loving. It can be a place to grow spiritually, to put your faith in action, and to use our gifts of time and talent as disciples of Christ. We look forward to answering any questions you may have. In the meantime, please look through the resources we’ve made available on these pages, or talk to any of us.
The Church is open during office hours for private prayers. If the door is not open, ring the doorbell and the staff will let you in.
See events happening around the Archdiocese of Edmonton.
Parish News & Updates
SUNDAY MISSAL is available in the foyer. SUGGESTED DONATION $5
SACRAMENT PREPARATION CLASSES
First Communion & First Reconciliation – Grade 2 and up (Deadline, October 21, 2023)
Confirmation – Grade 6 and up (Deadline, January 26, 2024)
RCIA – Any Adult who wants to become Catholic.
RCIA (Adapted for Children) – Over 7 years of age, not yet Baptized, No First Holy Communion.
For more information contact Parish Office
Phone: 780-473-4259 ext 2
The Children’s Liturgy Ministry
The Children’s Liturgy Ministry is a wonderful opportunity for children aged 5-12 years old to participate more fully during Mass and gain a better understanding of how Jesus is their lifelong friend.
This ministry is in urgent need of volunteers, particularly at the Saturday 5 pm Masses and the 11:30 am Mass on Sundays. It begins the weekend of October 14-15 when volunteers are available.
We are blessed to have Paige oversee this ministry and organize all materials for the children.
Volunteers simply read the children’s version of the Gospel and lead a small activity. These will be provided for you at each Mass. Choose the Masses you can help with. Teens aged 13 and older are also welcome to help. Please consider helping the children in our parish for 15 minutes or so during mass by contacting the parish office.
This is a simple and highly rewarding ministry.
Rite of Welcome for RCIA Participants
Welcome to our RCIA participants – Sonja, Brynn, Solantine, Christopher, Sofia, Tristan, Rowan and Ian. Their Rite of Welcome will be celebrated at 9:30 am Mass on the First Sunday of Advent. We are happy to accompany them on their faith journey. Please pray for them.
News around The Archdiocese
- The missionary zeal of St. Francis Xavier gives us all an example to follow, Archbishop Richard Smith said on his visit to the parish community in Camrose and area. “He was a missionary in a foreign culture,” Archbishop Smith preached in his Dec. 4 homily on the feast day of St. Francis Xavier. “Increasingly, that […]
- A new meeting facility has been completed at St. Andrew’s parish offering more space and amenities for the growing parish in north central Edmonton. The St. Pius X Meeting House was constructed as a barrier-free – accessible to people with disabilities – commercially designated building. The funds came from the sale of St. Plus X […]
- World Youth Day pilgrims from the Edmonton Archdiocese reunited to celebrate their pilgrimage to Portugal and to take up the challenges presented to them. “Their journey is not over: they are called. . . to be like Mary, giving her fiat to God, not just at the Annunciation, but every day,” said Deacon Jake Mullin, […]
- A Vegreville family has started a media ministry focused on making Catholic prayer and the Holy Mass accessible to people throughout the world. The Little Goodness YouTube channels have garnered more than 10 million views since their launch in 2019, with viewers from more than 90 countries tuning in to livestreams of the Mass and […]
- Over the weekend of November 26, Archbishop Richard Smith made a pastoral visit to the community of Our Lady of Peace in Innisfail This was an especially significant visit, as this was the first time that the community has been able to celebrate in person with Archbishop Smith, after the rebuilding of their Our Lady […]
- Homily [Ezekiel 34:11-12, 15-17; Psalm 23; 1Corinthians 15:20-26, 28; Matthew 25:31-46] As I drive from my place of residence in Edmonton to our diocesan offices, there is a traffic circle I have to navigate. Sometimes these are called roundabouts. Not for the faint of heart. Traffic enters the circle in double lanes from multiple directions, […]
- The Archdiocese of Edmonton invites you to participate in a survey on Medical Assistance in Dying. We are hoping to understand the general sentiments of Catholics on this very important topic. Your responses will assist us in understanding the lived experience, determining future course of action, and addressing concerns. MAiD is a legal framework in […]